• Do you experience a racing, pounding heart or palpitations?
• Do you experience chest pain or tightness?
• Do you feel lightheaded, dizzy, or faint?
• Does it make you feel Sweaty?
• Does it make you shake and tremble?
• Does it make you feel very hot or very cold?
• Do you feel breathlessness?
• Does it make you feel sick?
• Do your legs shake involuntarily?
• Do you feel disconnected from your body?
Therapy For Help With Panic Attacks
When we are faced with a terrifying situation, we tend to feel strong physical sensations such as a pounding heart and shaking legs. This is a perfectly normal response to danger but sometimes, it happens out of proportion to a perceived threat or when there isn’t any actual threat.
This is the case with panic attacks, which are an exaggerated response to stress. They can be triggered by particular situations but they can also develop for no obvious reason.
The physical symptoms of a panic attack can come on very quickly and include:
- A racing and pounding heart
- Feeling light headed, dizzy or faint
- Shaking and trembling
- Feeling very hot or very cold
- Feeling sick
- Chest and/or stomach pain
- Shaking legs
- Feeling disconnected from your body
The average panic attack lasts up to 20 minutes and peaks at around 10 minutes.
During a panic attack, it’s common to feel scared that you’ll collapse, have a heart attack or die due to the intensity of your symptoms. It’s also likely that you will feel that you’re not in control.
Some people only have one off panic attacks but they can be a much more regular occurrence. They can also come close together in a fairly short space of time.
Hypnotherapy is recognised as one of the most effective interventions for Anxiety and can work alongside medication.
During Hypnotherapy, you will be guided into a state of deep relaxation, enabling direct access to the subconscious mind. This helps to uncover triggers for your panic attacks and provide you with tools to manage the anxiety.
Using positive suggestions and imagery, the therapist is able to use the power of suggestion to change the way you respond to anxiety triggers.
Using Solution Focused Hypnotherapy, you will gain tools to manage anxiety. If there are specific triggers for your panic attacks, it will help you to have a calmer approach to the situation(s). You will feel much more in control of your mind and your life and more relaxed.
I booked hypnotherapy sessions with Sam after suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome throughout my teens and into adulthood. It had … Read More
I have suffered with bad anxiety for around ten years. On a good day, I would have around four anxiety … Read More