Sam Luxford Therapy Solutions Privacy Statement
At Sam Luxford Therapy Solutions, I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This privacy statement explains when and why I collect personal information on clients, how I use it and the conditions under which I may disclose it to. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of my services as a hypnotherapist.
When do I collect personal data about you?
- When you are using my hypnotherapy/psychotherapy services.
- When you interact with me in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through my website.
Why do I collect and use personal data?
As part of my marketing and customer service activities, I may contact you for the following reasons:
- To send you marketing communications that you have requested to receive. This may include information about my services and promotions associated with this, as well as general health and wellbeing information that you may find helpful. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent. You are free to opt out of this communication at any time.
- To reply to the ‘Contact’ form, if you have completed this on my website or have requested a download/lead magnet.
- To follow up on enquiries and requests regarding my services that come to me through emails, social media or phone calls.
- To perform contractual obligations such as confirming bookings/appointments, invoices and reminders. The contract is with Sam Luxford Therapy Solutions directly.
- To contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on my services from time to time.
My legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on your consent will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent you have given. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in my systems.
What type of personal data is collected?
I collect names, contact details and email addresses. I may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in communication relating to my services, including phone calls and emails. If you come to me for appointments, I may also collect “sensitive personal data” such as your healthcare information to enable me to best help you to make positive change.
If you upload photos or videos, add posts, feedback, testimonials, questions or comments, etc. on my website or social media channels, the information can be read by anyone with access to these and used for purposes over which Sam Luxford Therapy Solutions has no control. Therefore, Sam Luxford Therapy Solutions cannot be held responsible for any information you submit through my website or social media channels.
How long do I keep your personal data?
I store personal data until it is no longer need for the purpose it was originally collected. This is generally around 8 years as per the guidelines set out by the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council but other factors can affect this, including complying with legal requirements, resolving any legal complaints and being able to respond to issues and questions. When your data is no longer required, it will be deleted in a secure manner.
I never share, sell, or pass on personal data any third parties without your consent, other than if I am legally obliged to. Please be aware that I may need to disclose your personal information if I am required to do so by law or if I believe that I need to do so to safeguard my company rights and/or to comply with a legal process.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights for your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that I hold about you.
- The right to request that I amend your personal data if it is no longer accurate or has become out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer needed by Sam Luxford Therapy Solutions.
- The right to withdraw your consent to personal data processing anytime. For example, if you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please contact me to let me know that you no longer consent to receiving communications from me.
- The right to request that I provide you with your personal data and that I pass it on to another data controller.
- The right to request a restriction on any future data processing if you have issues or queries about the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
Sam Luxford Therapy Solutions is the data controller and for all matters relating to data protection, I can be contacted by email: email@example.com
If you are unhappy with how I have processed your personal data, you can contact me on this address and any queries about your privacy or consent can be sent here too.
Future changes to my privacy statement
I may change this Privacy Statement from time to time and the most up-to-date version will be updated on my website as soon as possible. If I make significant changes to my Privacy Statement in the future, I will update my website to reflect the changes and highlight it on social media.