Over 35 Years Experience
I started my Nurse training in Camden & Islington, London, in 1986 and qualified as a Registered General Nurse 1989 and Registered Mental Nurse in 1991.
Specialised in Mental health and Addictions
I worked in the NHS Adult Mental Health, Community, GP, Hospital settings, Drug Dependency Units and Forensic Psychiatry in a Regional Secure Unit. Also in Voluntary Organisation Street Agency Drug Services & Holloway Womens Prison on a Pre Release Drug Programme.
I specialised in Mental health and Addictions working as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in London and Aberdeen.
Developing my interest, I made a natural progression from Nursing into Therapy in 2009 when I started my Hypnotherapy Practice and it has grown since then due to my ongoing training & experience and me striving to be the best in this field.
The practice has been built up and developed by myself and although I am physically based in Aberdeen, this does not limit my client base across the country and beyond.
Understanding the Strains of Modern Day Life
Having spent my career in Mental Health and Addictions, I fully understand the complexities and strains of modern day life.
Now, as a Solution Focused Brief Therapist SFBT, Clinical Hypnotherapist (Solution Focused), Rewind Trauma Therapist, Medical Hypnotherapist & Hypnotherapy Supervisor SFBT, I am committed to helping people to gain positive control of their lives through ‘solution focused’ therapies – concentrating on the future and what can be achieved rather than dwell on the past and on what might have been.
I am the Therapist for Kippie Lodge Sports & Country Club, Aberdeen.
Qualifications, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Memberships
- Former Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Former Registered Mental Nurse (RMN)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapist - BRIEF International Certificate in SFBT
- Rewind Trauma Therapist - Trained by Dr. David Muss of IARTT
- Clinical Hypnotherapist (Solution Focused)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma/HPD
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy/DHP
- Medical Hypnotherapist - The Clinical Hypnotherapy School
- Solution Focused Clinical Hypnotherapy Supervisor (SFBT Sup (Hyp)- Awarded by NCFE
- Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) Registered Therapist
- Accredited Member - The National Council for Hypnotherapy NCH
‘Sam made me feel very comfortable about discussing the thoughts which were preventing me from being happy. She allowed me … Read More
Sam That’s a week now since you treated me for my smoking I am pleased to tell you I have … Read More
Before I came to Sam for hypnotherapy I was feeling very low, out of control and really not like myself. … Read More
Since my sessions with Sam I now thoroughly enjoy living life rather than just taking part in it. I went … Read More