• Do you find it hard to go to sleep?
• Do you wake up several times during the night?
• Do you lie awake at night?
• Do you wake up early and cannot go back to sleep?
• Are you still feeling tired after waking up?
• Do you feel tired and irritable during the day?
• Do you find it difficult to concentrate during the day because you are tired?
Therapy For Insomnia and Sleep Problems
Sleep is extremely important it helps our mind and our body calibrate helping us to process the day giving an individual time to rest and build up their strength. Insomnia is the disturbance of a normal sleep pattern, Insomnia and poor sleep can leave people feeling drained and exhausted, resulting in poor performance at work, lack of concentration and irritability. Insomnia and sleep problems tend to start in isolation but can soon develop into bad habits.
Over a period of time of no sleep the sufferer starts to believe they can never sleep. They then naturally fear the night-time, laying there for hours unable to sleep. This fear then causes them more anxiety and more stress making it hard for them to get to sleep easily. Sometimes, even when the initial problem has passed, the sufferer can still suffer from the belief and fear that they cannot sleep, therefore making the insomnia continue.
• Difficulty in getting to sleep
• Waking repeatedly during the night
• Waking early in the morning and not being able to get back to sleep
• Not feeling refreshed after sleep
• Difficulty in concentrating
There are a number of reasons individuals may suffer from insomnia and poor sleep, including:
• Disruptions within the sleeping environment, such as noise, light, snoring or a partner’s movement
• Physical conditions causing pain, discomfort, or movement, including arthritis, hot flushes, restless leg syndrome and headaches.
• Loss or worry, such as bereavement, work worries, social and environmental worries, anxiety about not being able to sleep and relationship problems
• Mental health problems such as depression or anxiety
• Alcohol, caffeine, antidepressants, and other medicines
• A big change such as a house move, new job or starting university
I use a range of therapies tailored to your individual needs that can help you relax, “re-frame” your reactions and provide you with valuable tools to cope and respond how you would prefer to respond in situations that may have previously affected your sleep. Aiding you to feel more in control, of your mind and your life and feel more relaxed an enjoy a better nights sleep.
Totally amazing! Sam has changed my life. I have not slept so well in near on 3 years! My anxiety is less and best of all I have lost a stone in month! Totally amazing x
Hi Sam. I got the job! Thanks for all your help. My insomnia has completely disappeared too.
I went to Sam for help in getting to sleep I had tried EVERYTHING else!! Not only am I sleeping better but have realised lots of new things about myself and others !! Good and bad!! I have had 6 sessions and have learnt to relax more (a novelty for me) considering all my personal problems Sam has made a big difference in the way I think about things.I would happy recommend her to anyone.
All fine with me and still doing so well. No anxiety and sleeping very well now.